The pharmacoepidemiological analysis of the consumption of antimicrobial drugs for systemic use in outpatient practice
The study of the consumption of antimicrobial drugs (AMD) is an important component of comprehensive programs for infection control and antibiotic resistance prevention. The information on the consumption of AMD reflects the implementation of standards of medical care, as well as the opinion of the population and pharmaceutical professionals on the problems of prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Aim. To assess the regional consumption market of AMD for systemic use in the outpatient practice of theRepublic ofTajikistan.
Materials and methods. The ATC classification recommended by the WHO and the Defined Daily doses system were used to quantify the AMD consumption. The number of DDDs of AMD used was expressed as the number of DDD per 1.000 inhabitants a day (DID).
Results. The study of the retail segment of the market for antibacterial drugs revealed an increase in the consumption of the most significant groups of AMD: β-lactam antibiotics and fluoroquinolones both quantitatively and in monetary terms. Among medicines by international non-proprietary names ciprofloxacin is the most consumed drug in all periods studied. There is an increase in the consumption of tetracycline hydrochloride, azithromycin, ofloxacin, erythromycin. The consumption of chloramphenicol, pipemidic acid and pefloxacin decreased.Conclusions. The analysis of the retail segment of the market of antibacterial drugs in Dushanbe in 2014-2016 has revealed an increase in the consumption of β-lactam antibiotics and fluoroquinolones. In the retail turnover of the region AMD, which are not recommended for widespread use in outpatient settings, are also widely represented.
Kozlov, S. N., Rachina, S. A., Strachunskii, L. S. (2005). Remedium, 11, 45–49.
Leshchenko, I.V., Bobyleva, Z. D., Trifanova, N. M. (2014). Klinicheskaia meditsyna, 6, 35–40.
Goossens, H., Ferech, M., Elseviers, M. et al. (2005). ESAC Project Group. Outpatient antibiotic use in Europe and association with resistances cross–national database study. Lancet, 365 (10), 579–587. doi: 10.1016/s0140-6736(05)70799-6.
DANMAP. (2011). Use of antimicrobial agents and occurrence of antimicrobial resistance in bacteria from food animals, food and humans inDenmark. Retrieved from: http://www.danmap.org.
About ATC/DDD system. Oslo: World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Drug Statistics Methodology. Retrieved from: http://www.whocc.no/ATCDDD.
GOST Style Citations
1. Влияние фармацевтов на практику самолечения респираторных инфекций / С. Н. Козлов, С. А. Рачина, Л. С. Страчунский и др. // Ремедиум. – 2005. – № 11. – С. 45–49.
2. Лещенко, И. В. Внебольничная пневмония: от национальных рекомендаций к региональным стандартам / И. В. Лещенко, З. Д. Бобылева, Н. М. Трифанова // Клиническая медицина. – 2014. – № 6. – С. 35–40.
3. ESAC Project Group. Outpatient antibiotic use inEuropeand association with resistances cross–national database study / H. Goossens, M. Ferech, M. Elseviers et al. // Lancet. – 2005. – Vol. 365, № 10. – P. 579–587. doi : 10.1016/s0140-6736(05)70799-6.
4. DANMAP 2011. Use of antimicrobial agents and occurrence of antimicrobial resistance in bacteria from food animals, food and humans inDenmark. – Retrieved from: http://www.danmap.org (дата обращения 22.01.2013).
5. About ATC/DDD system. – Oslo : World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Drug Statistics Methodology. – Retrieved from: http://www. whocc.no/ATC/DDD (дата обращения 22.01.2013).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Abbreviated key title: Soc. farm. ohor. zdor.
ISSN 2518-1564 (Online), ISSN 2413-6085 (Print)